Living with Intentional Optimism is not about always being sunny and happy. It’s about embracing life with all its ups and downs. Loss of a loved one, specifically a mother, is definitely a hard part of the journey, but learning how to grow through it all is part of what gives it purpose and meaning. Andrea & Kim have both lost their mothers to cancer, and this conversation is about the growing, the learning, and the legacy we can all leave behind.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- February = Focus on the Tenet Present. Specifically, Kind/Open. Emotions: I will feel what is happening NOW. I don't run from my feelings. They tell me things I need to know.
- Every ending is preparation for a new beginning - even if it’s beginning a grief journey
- We learn from those we have lost, long after they are gone
- Recognizing and understanding how milestones affect and teach us
- Grief is part of life - it gives you a new perspective on joy
- Grief can be a catalyst for some major changes
- Grief highlights the legacy left behind.
- You get to decide what you want your legacy to be.
- Take your opportunity to live the life they didn’t get to (?)
Become an Intentional Optimist!
Newsletter: Optimistic Living
Collaborative Group Coaching Community: Launch From The Beach
Email me at email@example.com
Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
LinkedIn Andrea Johnson
Grab your FREE:
Andrea's Favorite Planning & Productivity tools
“Ultimate DISC communication Cheat Sheet”
Need some tools?Noom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Mini Course: “Uncovering Your Core Values”
Try New Things - 30 Day Challenge
DISC Assessment, 10% discount (code "PODCAST")
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.Skillshare: Spark your creativity.
Get 40% Off Annual Membership
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.Support the show