Intentional Optimists - Unconventional Leaders
Episode 47: The Process of Regular Reflection
Jul 19, 2021
Tapping into the process of regular reflection. How we keep our goals in front of us.
Intentional Optimism - Your Vehicle for Personal Growth:
- Optimistic = The hull, the vehicle that gets you from island A to island B.
- Present = The centerboard - keeps you upright, focused, centered.
- Energetic = The sail - captures & harnesses the wind, propelling you forward.
- Courageous = The rigging - holds everything together in proper tension, resilience.
- Wise = The rudder - keeps you on track, heading in the right direction.
- Intentional = Setting everything up to properly capture the wind.
Topics discussed in this episode:
PURPOSE OF REFLECTION
- Helping us remember what we said we were going to do or become - because we forget.
- Keeping us from getting distracted by circumstances or opportunities that take us away from our goal - because we get distracted.
- Providing regular time stamped mile markers that provide proof of progress or point to the need for a trajectory adjustment - because we get discouraged.
YOUR TURN: Give yourself the gift of looking and learning
- Walk through what you have
- Review where you are now vs where you wanted to be
- Give yourself some grace
- Write them down
- Schedule regular review times
- Find a buddy and do it together
- Accountability Partner or community
- Keep your goals in front of you (post-its)
- Decide what you will and will not pay attention to
- Turn OFF things that you know distract you
- Share the load with others
- Recalibrate - instead of step 10 you might need to go back to step 5
- Do some weeding - thoughts, attitudes
Gather your tools:
Try New Things - 30 Day Challenge
Newsletter: Optimistic Living
Mini Course: “Uncovering Your Core Values”
NEW Membership Community: Launch From The Beach - Membership Community
Email me at [email protected]
Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
Grab your FREE:
Andrea's Favorite Planning & Productivity tools
“Ultimate DISC communication Cheat Sheet”
Get your own DISC Assessment, and don't forget the 10% discount (code "PODCAST") at check out!
Email me at [email protected] so I can be your professional encourager!
● Follow on InstagramNoom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.Skillshare: Spark your creativity.
Get 40% Off Annual Membership
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)