Episode summary introduction: A practice of regular reflection is part of the natural growth cycle, and provides the feedback you need in order to reach your goals. Today we will look at the type of information the process of reflection provides, and what to do with it.
Intentional Optimism - Your Vehicle for Personal Growth:
- Optimistic = The hull, the vehicle that gets you from island A to island B.
- Present = The centerboard - keeps you upright, focused, centered.
- Energetic = The sail - captures & harnesses the wind, propelling you forward.
- Courageous = The rigging - holds everything together in proper tension, resilience.
- Wise = The rudder - keeps you on track, heading in the right direction.
- Intentional = Setting everything up to properly capture the wind.
Topics discussed in this episode:
PURPOSE OF REFLECTION
- Remember what we said we were going to do or become - because we forget.
- Prevents distraction by circumstances or opportunities that take us away from our goal - because we get distracted.
- Regular, time stamped mile markers that provide proof of progress or point to the need for a trajectory adjustment - because we get discouraged.
THE GROWTH CYCLE
- Set the Goal/make a Plan
- Act on that plan
- Reflect/Review your progress (Planned or not)
- Adjust or Achieve (what’s next?)
- Start over
RESULTS OF REFLECTION
- You’re way off target - you may be going in the wrong direction
- Give up - not really - just go back to the beginning
- Reset (turn around) - adjust your direction or actions
- You’re headed in the right direction but your timeline is off
- Adjust the timeline
- Figure out if what you are doing is serving your goal
- On Target
- Reaching, meeting or achieving your goal
- The mindset needed to move on to your next goal - start the cycle over
Newsletter: Optimistic Living
Mini Course: “Uncovering Your Core Values”
Collaborative Membership Community: Launch From The Beach
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
● Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
● Linked In Andrea Johnson
Grab your FREE:
Andrea's Favorite Planning & Productivity tools
“Ultimate DISC communication Cheat Sheet”
Need some tools?Noom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Try New Things - 30 Day Challenge
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.Skillshare: Spark your creativity.
Get 40% Off Annual Membership
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.Support the show