Each year, as a way to create a point on the horizon, give me a theme within which to think, dream and grow, I pick a word. Sometimes it’s one that encourages me to be bigger; sometimes, it’s a word of comfort ; many times, it’s a word of challenge. Each year, it is a challenge to myself to become more… more clear, more authentic, more true and honest… more ME. Today I’ll tell you how to pick a Word of the Year with purpose and intention.
Intentional Optimism - Your Vehicle for Personal Growth:
- Optimistic (Hull) = hope, confident & proactive
- Present (Centerboard) = wonder, generosity, kind / open
- Energetic (Sail) = industry, excitement, life focused
- Courageous (Rigging) = leader, adventurous, undaunted
- Wise (Rudder) = understanding, words, respect
- Intentional (Pull it Together) = purpose, plan, growth
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Why a Word of the Year
- Finding YOUR Word of the Year
- Rhythms of Reflection - how to make it work for you
Picking your Word of the Year:
- Declaration of something you want or need to embody
- Refer back to it throughout the year and record your insights
Newsletter: Optimistic Living
Collaborative Membership Community: Launch From The Beach
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
● Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
● LinkedIn Andrea Johnson
Grab your FREE:
Andrea's Favorite Planning & Productivity tools
“Ultimate DISC communication Cheat Sheet”
Need some tools?
Try New Things - 30 Day ChallengeNoom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Get your own DISC Assessment, and don't forget the 10% discount (code "PODCAST") at check out!
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.Skillshare: Spark your creativity.
Get 40% Off Annual Membership
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.Support the show